Monday, November 15, 2010

Give kids the benefit of the doubt? - ummmm no!

This game is TOTALLY CONSUMING my 11 year old sons life. This game was purchased on Friday after he traded in some apparently WORTHLESS games! So I basically paid for the whole thing. After assurances of no homework or special projects to work on he began playing, and play he did. Remnants of water bottles, juice boxes shoes, socks, wrappers, crumbs of food that could be rapidly shoved into his mouth while playing littering the floor. And so the weekend went, “Dylan - what are you doing?” ….silence…… Louder - DYLAN “what are you doing?”    finally the reply - playing my game.
Stop and go play outside. “okay let me finish my match…” then, he proceeds to ride his scooter down the hill, back up and returns to gaming within 5 minutes.
»»>Fast forward to this morning and we are leaving for school when he hands me a test I need to sign (while I am backing the car out of the garage)  that he failed on Wednesday. Needless to say he admitted to hiding it from me and now will experience the horrific experience of black ops withdrawl as he is off of video games until next Monday due, not to failing the test, but his dishonesty about it.
He may be able to take down zombies, but I can make an entire game evaporate!!
Gotta love motherhood!

2 comments:

  1. This video game thing drives me nuts!!! I am not looking forward to the day when Demitri starts playing these kinds of games.

    Way to stay on top of that one Dawn. I love your comment about making it "evaporate"! LOL

    ~Mon

    ReplyDelete