I dare you to love like Me
I dare you to live like Me
I dare you to pray like Me
I dare you to be like Me.....
But he adds one more caviat.....I dare you to do these things, yet, I will not make you do them on your own. It is through Me, Christ Jesus, that all things are possible.
So....
I accept Jesus. I am going to embark on, "The Love Dare" - A journey I tried before and failed, but try again I will.
40 days
40 days of being obedient
40 days of being wholly commitmented
40 days of action expecting nothing in return (and if I do expect something in return - I am only human - laying those expectations at His feet)
40 days of loving as Christ loved
40 days that just might make my marriage be a mirror that reflects just a fraction of the love of Christ in its' actions.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
.......Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:
Post a Comment