Thursday, June 25, 2015

Enough










Enough.
A simple, yet definitive word. 
Do we ever have enough, do enough, get enough, feel enough.
Are we through with a 
situation
person
conflict
habit
job
and we shake our head with resolve
draw our clinched fists in tight
pinch our lips together in a thin line
stomp our foot
throw our hands down in exasperation and say-
Enough!

But what does it mean? I have lived my life trying to achieve enough.

Lost enough weight
Studied enough
Been good enough
Been strong enough
Loved enough
Exercised enough
Been gracious enough
Used my talents enough
Gone to church enough

The Webster Dictionary defines enough as 

"equal to what is needed"

In the bible the word for enough is frequently synonymous with the Greek word, hikanos

Defined as: sufficient, worthy, many, much
worthy
          worthy
                  worthy 
is the Lamb that was slain

Therein lies the problem - my problem. In order to live in that place of having much, of feeling sufficient, of recognizing what we have is equal to what we need - we have to realize that we are worthy to receive it. When we thrust our hands at our side, and face 
a challenge
a habit
a behavior
a situation
in which we are dissatisfied - and with a resolute attitude and a strength that comes from the Holy Spirit within us proclaim -
ENOUGH!!!
we are declaring that we are worthy of so much more. 

Not deserved, or entitled but WORTHY 
We are worth more to God than we can ever imagine. I am HIS daughter, He is my Father, He provides all I need because 
HE is SUFFICIENT
He is ENOUGH
and in HIM I have all I NEED.



No comments:

Post a Comment