So, I started this blog with the best of intentions as using it as a sort of catharsis. A way to make sense of my feelings, or share about my day, and try to figure out what the hell (okay heck) is going on in my life. Instead it turned into yet another thing I didn't follow through on. Yet another item on my to do list that got bumped due to more important things such as; watching 4 episodes in a row of Sons of Anarchy with my husband, farming virtual crops and collecting and sending virtual christmas presents desperately trying to collect more than my other farming friends, Thanksgiving, Christmas, A ski trip, New Year's Eve party, teen counseling, pre-teen counseling and, oh yeah........laundry.
Now that the holiday buzz has come to an end and my Christmas decorations are down, but tucked away in the so-called master bedroom "retreat" (which is really just an empty useless extension of my bedroom that crap I am too lazy to put away gets placed) I return to focusing on how to make sense of the entity that I call my life. An ever changing, challenging, suprising, infuriating, frustrating, joyful, scary, and jumbled up mess that I have created.
This leads me to share about the latest bulldozer plowing through the landscape of my life. I, and my family (at least 3/4 of us I am certain) will be moving to the San Francisco Bay area in June of this year.
Yes. I am shocked as well. I want to look at my own life and yell, "what you talkin about Willis?"
As it turns out Bon Jovi was a little optimistic about returning home......It seemed like a great idea and it has been a blessing in many areas of our lives, however, my husband is drowning. Jason spends on average 4 hours a day commuting on a good day, and sometimes as many as 6 hours on the really bad days. On top of that.....he is not thrilled with his job and is under lots of stress and pressure. So an opportunity came up for him to return to doing a job he loves and is incredibly talented at with the same company, however, it requires relocation to the East Bay area...
It is beautiful. It will be a popular place for our friends and family to come visit. San Francisco is outrageously expensive so we will only charge you 100 bucks a night when you come (this will be our third source of income so we can afford to live there haha). Being a SoCal girl myself it will be interested to see how the other half (or should I say upper half) live. I know many of you may be thinking, "why would you move when you just left Georgia to return home..." Well, the answer is simple. I am not willing to stay here in the familiarity of Murrieta at the expense of my husbands sanity. While being in Georgia was hard, as I missed my old friends, family and community..it is nothing compared to missing my husband. It is much harder to watch someone you love sacrifice so much and reap none of the benefits. We moved here so Jason could have less travel and be home with our younger son more but instead he has demands placed on him that would have caused me to crumble months ago. I love my friends in Murrieta. I love my church home and fellowship. I love running into people I know every single day. But I love my husband and family more, and for them we embark on this next journey. While I am not excited about moving - in regards to the adventure of it all- I feel strangely at peace. As if I am returning home to a place I have never even been. So, I ask you to join me on this next journey and all of the melt-downs I will hav along the way and then.....come visit!
Dawn book us for your first visitors! We are going on a trip up there in March!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete